As a rejoinder to the last post, I managed to download and install open project, however I have realised that of the things I need to do, I can remind myself easily enough using my smartphone….so much for smart sheet of open project for that matter…
As a rejoinder to my posts on personal goals and the to do’s I have set my self it has been a major failure on my part… lets have another look at what I set my self up to do –
- To consistently and perpetually maintain my first personal blog.
- By the start of April I should have sold all my unwanted personal belongings on ebay, if items cannot be sold I will give them away to charity. I need to limit the items I keep to 200 to lead a minimalist lifestyle.
- By June 23 2011, start new job in private construction company.
- Make my first dollar online by 1st of May.
- By June 23 2011, have finish Tesol Course and on my way to China to teach english and learn Mandarin.
- By June 23 2011, have set up cook island trust.
- By December 2011, set up import/export business, selling products on ebay.
Goal 1 – To consistently and perpetually maintain my first personal blog – FAIL
To do’s –
- Go through wordpress tutorial. Finish by Friday 11 2011 – FAIL
- Read up on Lanceflt wordpress training package by Saturday 12 2011 – FAIL
- Read and review 1 online marketing article on newly created blog using wordpress – FAIL
Goal 2 – By the start of April I should have sold all my unwanted personal belongings on ebay, if items cannot be sold I will give them away to charity. I need to limit the items I keep to 200 to lead a minimalist lifestyle.
To do’s –
- By Sunday 13 February, go through clothes, and give away unwanted clothes to donation bins – FAIL
- By Sunday 13 February, sell another 5 items on ebay – YAYA!
- By Friday 12 Feb, package blender to post on Monday – YAYA!
Can you see what’s wrong?…I have ranked my goal’s in order of preference yet I have not been able to achieve one to do task on my first goal. This is purely bad time and resource allocation on my behalf…you’d expect that coming from someone like me who understands the time value of money and the forgone opportunity costs that I should be more careful…but alas…it is not to be. I need to improve. I need to truly understand and realise/reawaken my self that time is money!!!! I need to spend more time first on my first goal then I do on my second goal.
Ok let’s just concentrate on my first goal from now on. The first to do is to go through word press tutorial. Let’s do that, in my next post I will summarise what I have learnt.