I’ve created a list of things I am going to try to achieve by the end of the year. Here it is –
- Eat Well. Put on some weight
- Pay off all Credit Card Debt
- Achieve Saving Goal of 50K (back on track now)
- Achieve Saving goal of 4K for Round the World ticket to South America (or Asia? – I need this to help find my feet again).
- Complete my Diploma of Building Surveying (toughie but on track and will give me a fall back if it doesn’t work well in Asia)
- Launch Frugal Website on SBI (this will require discipline) .
- Learn how to swim (this will require commitment).
- Improve my appearance – New Haircut (easily done).
- Improve my appearance – Teeth (always was a bit self conscious of my enamel, this will be a self esteem booster for me).
- Learn Spanish (because spanish speaking girls are pretty).
- Learn how to play Fastcar on Guitar (Just because).
- Learn how to dance one routine of Salsa (Its to stop me from flinching on the dance floor)
So how does this compare with the very first set of goals I had started with on this website? I’ll let you be the judge –
- To consistently and perpetually maintain my first personal blog.
- By the start of April I should have sold all my unwanted personal belongings on ebay, if items cannot be sold I will give them away to charity. I need to limit the items I keep to 200 to lead a minimalist lifestyle.
- By June 23 2011, start new job in private construction company.
- Make my first dollar online by 1st of May.
- By June 23 2011, have finish Tesol Course and on my way to China to teach english and learn Mandarin.
- By June 23 2011, have set up cook island trust.
- By December 2011, set up import/export business, selling products on ebay.
I hadn’t reviewed my first set of goals before I wrote this post, so I am just as surprised to see the difference. I was never able to stick to them. Goals can be evolving, but its a good idea to have ones that stick. I’ll need to do a post review on my goals in a future post.